I am mortal, oh snap! and I began exploring that mortality quite some time ago. During that exploration, I began to see a disheartening pattern. Nearly 6 out of every 10 Americans don’t have a will or trust. Worse, only about 36% of adults in the US have some sort of advance directive or living will. I want to improve those statistics and help you have that uncomfortable conversation, because you too, my friend, are going to die.
• Over 30 years of professional experience in public service.
• Excellent listening and communication skills with a diverse clientele.
• Over 24 years as a volunteer in community based organizations.
• Completed training and was a vigil volunteer for No One Dies Alone program at Island Hospital.
• Completed 40+ hours of training as an End of Life Doula with A Sacred Passing in Bellingham, WA, under Ashley Benem.
• Completed volunteer training with Hospice of the Northwest and was an active vigil volunteer and vigil team leader until COVID-19.
• Community resource for families and groups on end of life paperwork.
• Regular speaker and contributor to the Anacortes Death Cafe.
• YouTube channel on End of Life choices.
• Family to Family Educator and Support Group Facilitator for the National Alliance for Mental Illness in Skagit County 2006-2013.
End-of-life doulas are trained, non-medical caregivers who provide holistic, personalized care to dying individuals and their families. Their services include community resources, education, emotional support, and household assistance.